Do you have a nice beard that needs some upkeep?
Because beards are made up of hair, you want to take care of your beard as you would the hair on your head.
One of the most overlooked products that will keep your beard healthy is a beard conditioner, but how do you know which is the best one? Keep reading to find out about the best beard conditioner. Also, what are the differences between beard conditioner vs oil?
A Quick Glance At The Top 3 Beard Conditioners
Polished Gentleman’s Shampoo and Conditioner is our top choice. It is a premium Beard Shampoo and Conditioner made from 100% natural ingredients. It helps with beard growth and as an added bonus it smells really good.
Beard Necessities conditioner is our second choice. We like this conditioner because it is made from 100% organic and natural ingredients. It softens your beard and will help you tame even the most unruly beards.
Bossman’s Intense Beard Conditioner is a really good choice if you have dry skin and hair as it has deep moisturizing properties. It will keep your beard from feeling itchy and will leave you with a nice scent that we like a lot.
Why You Should Use a Beard Conditioner?
You should use a beard conditioner for the following reasons:
- It will make your beard smell better.
- It will eliminate frizz from your beard
- It will make your skin smoother
- It will smooth your beard.
- It will eliminate knots in your beard.
- It helps to diminish split-ends.
- It provides nutrients that your beard hair needs.
- It protects from pollutants and dust
While it depends on your hair texture and length, for the most part, nearly every man should be using it if they want to have a healthy beard.
The Best Beard Conditioners Reviews
This is a beard balm from Honest Amish that you can use as a conditioner. All Honest Amish products are 100% natural made in the USA. It has a slight anise scent which is nice. But it offers more than its nice smell, it will soften your beard and relief you from the itch that can often accompany beards. It is also good for facial skin conditioning. You can read more about it in our top beard balm article.
- It moisturizes the skin and beard.
- It is 100% natural
- It eliminates frizz.
- The smell may not be for everyone.
- It may be too oily for men with naturally greasy hair.
This beard balm works as a conditioner and provides hold for those who want to tame their beard. If you are looking for a conditioner with a pleasant smell, you can use this beard balm. It will soften your beard and make it look thicker with its shea butter formula.
- It smells good.
- It softens while thickening.
- It helps to control wild beards.
- It moisturizes your skin.
- It may be too greasy for those with oily hair.
- While it does offer a hold, some men may want a stronger wax, but after all it is a conditioner.
This conditioner comes in a pack with the Polished Gentleman beard shampoo. The Polished Gentleman conditioner is made from natural and organic ingredients that make it a good choice if you get irritations or allergic reactions to beard products with chemicals. It is a good product if you are looking to grow your beard longer and thicker and it ensures your beard will be soft and manageable.
- It smells good.
- It is made from natural ingredients.
- It helps beards grow.
- It doesn’t hold your beard hair in place.
- It isn’t a leave in conditioner.
If you are looking for a manly product with a woodsy scent Bossman Fortify is a good one. If you are looking for a product that will soften your beard you should try the Bossman Fortify Intense Beard Conditioner. It’s effective in providing relief from the itch that sometimes accompanies a full beard.
- It has a realy nice scent.
- It softens your beard.
- It helps to keep your beard from feeling itchy.
- It moisturizes as a conditioner should.
- The bottle has small lettering.
- It may not provide the strongest hold to keep your beard in place.
If you don’t mind a citrus scent, this beard conditioner may be the product you have been looking for. It’s made from natural ingredients which makes it good for people who want to avoid chemicals. It will moisturize your beard and if you want to feel a smoother and softer beard, the Natural Grizzly Beard Conditioner is a good option.
- It softens your beard.
- It is natural and organic.
- It helps to manage unruly beards.
- The bottle is annoying for some.
- The citric smell may not be ideal for everyone.
While we like all the products on our list, the best beard conditioner that deserves the title of the winner is the Polished Gentleman Beard Growth and Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner with Organic Beard Oil.
It will provide you with the softness and moisture you want in your beard, and it will also help you if you are looking for a product that promotes beard growth and thickness.
There aren’t many conditioners that can do this and this is why this conditioner stands out.
Beard Conditioner FAQs
How to Choose the right type of beard conditioner
There is a large variety of beard conditioners on the market and at a first glance it may be challenging to know which one is right for you, but here are some factors to consider before purchasing one.
What Type Of Hair Texture Do You Have?
If your beard is oily, you should be careful with how much conditioner you use or use any at all. You want to avoid the conditioners that offer extra moisture and stick to a powder-type one.
Does Your Beard Smell?
Your beard may need some help in the smell department and a conditioner can help. Unlike the hair on your head, you will be smelling your beard throughout the day and you want to choose a conditioner that has a scent you like. Mildly scented conditioners are a safe bet.
Do You Have Allergies To Certain Types Of Chemicals?
Some conditioners are made with chemicals or ingredients that might cause an allergic reaction or irritate your skin. The best thing to do is to find one that is organic and chemical-free.
Does Your Facial Skin Get Irritated Or Dries Out?
If your jaw and chin feel irritated or your skin feels extra dry, you want to look for a conditioner that will moisturize your skin. You should also read this article and pick the best beard oil to moisturize your skin. This is highly important, as you don’t want to end up shaving your beard due to a skin reaction.
Do You Have A Difficult Time Growing Your Beard?
There are certain conditioners that will help your hair to grow thicker and will make a difference in the appearance of your beard. You should look for one that contains vitamins that will help your beard grow.
How often you should use beard conditioner?
You can use it as a normal hair conditioner when you feel like your beard needs some conditioning. As long as you use it a couple of times per week you will be fine.
How to Use Beard Conditioner
- Wash your beard with a top-quality beard shampoo
- Wash off the shampoo with warm water
- Don’t dry your beard! Add it to your hands and rub them together
- Apply it to your beard. Make sure to massage it well with the tips of your fingers
- Leave it on for a couple of minutes (1 to 5)
- Wash it off with warm water
- Take a towel and gently tap your beard dry
- You are good to go