There is nothing more satisfying for a man than a nice long beard.
But with so many beard care products out there it is very easy to get confused.
One of the most popular products is the Honest Amish Beard Balm.
While there are some really decent beard care products out there, in our opinion, Honest Amish Beard Balm is a really good beard balm that gets 5 stars from us.
Pros and Cons
- It eliminates dryness
- It works wonders in softening bristly beards
- It helps to make your beard easy to manage
- It helps to prevent itchiness
- It comes in a very small container
- The scent may not appeal to everyone
Honest Amish Beard Balm Overview
- It is Made from All-Natural Ingredients. This is a key factor as some beard balms contain chemicals that can cause irritation. These natural ingredients are beneficial for your beard and help it to be healthier, fuller, and better-looking.
- It Helps to Stop Itch and Take Away “Beardruff“. Beardruff is the dandruff of beards and is a really common issue amongst long beards. Honest Amish fights beardruff and keep your beard healthy.
- It Comes in a Stylish and Easy-to-Carry Packaging. You can take it with you anywhere, for a quick touch-up.
- It is Scented. This is more of a personal preference but we think Honest Amish’s light Clove, Anish, and Cedar scent is really nice.
- It’s Handmade. The company is based in the USA and their beard balms are hand-made based on original recipes. This is a good thing because you know that your balm wasn’t made in a sweatshop. Also, keep in mind that harsh chemicals can’t be used when products are hand-made.
- The Packaging Doesn’t Contain Plastic. The Honest Amish company is big on creating natural products, as well as environmentally friendly ones, so they don’t use plastic on their packaging making their beard balms eco-friendly.
What are the ingredients of Honest Amish Beard Balm?
- Cocoa Butter
- Shea butter
- Lavender oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Avocado oil
- Cedarwood oil
- Star anise oil
- Castor oil
- Much more
Our Honest Opinion of the Honest Amish Beard Balm (pun intended)
So, what do we really think of the Honest Amish Beard Balm? We think it’s one of the top balms out there. Keep on reading and we’ll tell you why.
Honest Amish Beard Balm Benefits
There are many reasons why Honest Amish Beard Balm has caught our attention.
As we said before, it is made from all-natural ingredients. It’s vegan, which means that no animals were killed or used for lab testing during the production process.
The organic oils and butter in the balm are safe to use so you don’t have to worry about irritated skin. They will nourish your beard and will leave your skin feeling soft.
The packaging may seem small, but just a little bit of balm goes a long way due to the oils that make it more spreadable and highly convenient.
Small containers are convenient, so if you are constantly on the go you won’t have to worry about it, it can fit in your pocket or in your travel bag.
But be careful, applying too much balm can have the opposite effect, and leave you with a soggy oily beard, so only use the amount you need and it will last for a long time.
While the scent may not be for everyone, we like a lot the light Anishy scent.
It isn’t an overwhelming or artificially scent found in other beard balms and it’s one of the reasons we like Honest Amish Beard Balm.
What Honest Amish is Good For?
It’s important to keep in mind what this beard balm does and doesn’t.
A beard balm isn’t a gel or a wax so if you are looking for a product to style your beard you should look for something else.
What it will do
- It will condition your beard and detangle it.
- It will help you manage your beard.
- It will tame those wispy hair that like to fly away.
What it won’t do
- It won’t work like a gel to provide an intense hold
- It isn’t a rock-solid styling product, although it does tame wild hair and helps to keep those fly-away hairs in place
As you can see, it isn’t an all-in-one product, but it provides plenty of positive benefits to make it worthwhile.
If you want a softer, fuller, and more manageable beard, this product is for you.
It has conditioning properties and it is not a wax product, at the same time it has enough hold and power to ensure you can have a more organized and tamed beard.
If you actually want to style your beard, you should look for a beard wax.
Is it easy to use?
It’s very easy to use and it only takes a tiny amount to thoroughly moisturize an entire beard. It can be used with or without water, but water makes it easier to spread.
It can be used after your beard wash or during your morning grooming. While you can use it daily, it’s better to use it every other day to avoid your beard getting too greasy.
You will only need a small pea-sized amount, rub it in your hands, and spread it through your beard. Using too much of it will make your beard look greasy and could cause beard dandruff.
The texture is similar to an exfoliating product yet slightly wetter.
How does it compare with other options?
With so many beard products out there, is the Honest Amish Beard Balm really one of the best balms to buy?
Could there be something better?
Is this really the beard balm for me?
The answer is that Honest Amish beard balm stands up to other options on the market that offer similar products, but do not entirely meet the quality of the Honest Amish Beard Balm.
- The Smooth Viking Beard Balm offers softness and manageability just like Honest Amish, but the scent is much more intense.
- The Rocky Mountain Barber Beard Balm is a popular choice, because it is a non-greasy conditioner with perfect hold, and also smells good, if you want to read more about the best beard conditioner click here. The downside is that it has a thicker texture than Honest Amish, which makes it more of a wax and not a balm. If you want a balm, you are better off with Honest Amish.
- Spiced Sandalwood Beard Balm is similar to Honest Amish Beard Balm, it is made with 100% natural ingredients, but it differs in the area of how much softness it provides. If you want a soft beard, the Honest Amish is the “man” for the job. But if you care more about the scent, Spiced Sandalwood Beard Balm has a nicer scent in our opinion.
For an affordable product that is made with all-natural ingredients, the Honest Amish Beard Balm serves its purpose and does it well. We highly recommend it for your beard routine.