The Men’s Attitude is reader-supported! We might get a small commission if you purchase something after clicking our links, at no extra charge for you.
There is nothing more satisfying for a man than a nice long beard.
But with so many beard care products out there it is very easy to get confused.
One of the most popular products is the Honest Amish Beard Balm.
If you don’t know the honest Amish brand, it’s time for you to get acquainted!
It is one of the most popular and successful beard product brands in the world.
They offer a wide range of products with the most famous being the honest Amish beard oil.
While there are some really decent beard care products out there, in our opinion, Honest Amish Beard Balm is a really good beard balm that gets 5 stars from us.
Pros and Cons
- It eliminates dryness
- It works wonders in softening bristly beards
- It helps to make your beard easy to manage
- It helps to prevent itchiness
- It comes in a very small tin
- The scent may not appeal to everyone
- Not a strong hold
Honest Amish Beard Balm Overview
- It is Made from All-Natural Ingredients. This is a key factor as some beard balms contain chemicals that can cause irritation. These natural ingredients are beneficial for your beard and help it to be healthier, fuller, and better-looking.
- It Helps to Stop Itch and Take Away “Beardruff“. Beardruff is the dandruff of beards and is a really common issue amongst long beards. Honest Amish fights beardruff and keep your beard hair healthy.
- It Comes in a Stylish and Easy-to-Carry Packaging. You can take it with you anywhere, for a quick touch-up.
- It is Scented. This is more of a personal preference but we think Honest Amish’s light Clove, Anish, and Woodsy scent is really nice.
- It’s Handmade. The company is based in the USA and their beard balms are hand-made based on original recipes. This is a good thing because you know that your balm wasn’t made in a sweatshop. Also, keep in mind that harsh chemicals can’t be used when products are hand-made.
- The Packaging Doesn’t Contain Plastic. The Honest Amish company is big on creating natural products, as well as environmentally friendly ones, so they don’t use plastic on their packaging making their beard balms eco-friendly.
What are the ingredients of Honest Amish Beard Balm?
- Cocoa Butter
- Shea butter
- Lavender oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Avocado oil
- Cedarwood oil
- Star anise oil
- Castor oil
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Coconut oil
- Pumpkin seed oil
- Apricot Kernel oil
- Jojoba oil
- Argan oil
- Clove oil
- Cinamon oil
- Grapefruit oil
- Peppermint essential oil
Cocoa butter makes your facial hair soft and manageable.
Shea butter heals dry skin cells, reduces scars, controls acne breakouts, speeds up the healing time of wounds, boosts collagen production which leads to new cell growth.
The lavender oil has a relaxing effect on the body & mind. It also improves blood circulation.
Grapeseed oil soothes the skin and has a lot of antioxidants which help to reduce wrinkles.
Avocado oil is an all-natural conditioner. Because it penetrates deeply, it deeply moisturizes the skin beneath the beard making it soft and more manageable. It contains vitamins A, B1, B2, D & E which are great for your skin & beard follicles to help with cell growth.
Cedarwood oil is a natural insect repellent which makes it great for minimizing itching caused by dry skin, dandruff, and other issues.
Star Anise Oil has anti-inflammatory properties which help with acne breakouts, acts as an antiseptic & have a cooling effect.
Beeswax controls and moisturizes the beard while conditioning & defining your beard’s shape. It also eliminates itching, dandruff, and flakes. It also gives the balm its semi-hard texture.
Castor oil promotes beard growth by strengthening hair follicles which results in new cell growth. It also conditions your beard and keeps it shiny, soft, and manageable.
Sweet almond oil is a carrier oil that penetrates deep and gets to work on wrinkles, scars, dry patches. It also provides relief from psoriasis & eczema by moisturizing affected areas.
Coconut oil moisturizes the beard and skin beneath. It’s also antimicrobial, anti-fungal, & antibacterial.
The virgin pumpkin seed oil contains high levels of fatty acids and vitamin E, both of which are great for healthy skin & hair growth.
Apricot Kernel oil is a carrier oil that has a very lightweight texture. It penetrates deep into the hair follicle to moisturize it but does not leave a greasy feeling.
Jojoba oil is similar to the oil that your skin naturally produces which makes it an effective moisturizer because it easily absorbs.
Virgin Argan oil is rich in vitamin E, Vitamin A & essential fatty acids. It hydrates the beard and skin underneath and reduces cell degeneration.
Clove oil has antiseptic properties that keep your beard free of infection-causing bacteria.
Cinamon oil is a natural antiseptic that works to prevent infection from forming in the first place. This makes it great for treating acne, beard dandruff & dryness.
Grapefruit oil contains a high concentration of Vitamin C which is great for your beard health.
And finally, peppermint oil is great for stimulating blood flow which provides nutrients & oxygen to the hair follicles that are essential for faster, healthier growth.
It’s also great for preventing dandruff and itchiness plus it wakes you up in the morning because of its invigorating scent.
Now that you see all the benefits of each ingredient, you’ll feel better knowing that its all-natural ingredients are being absorbed into your skin and beard to give you the best results.
Honest Amish balm has a nice woodsy licorice scent. We don’t know how to explain it other than that. It is not the heavy woodsy leather that you get from some other beard oils and balms. More like a clean woodsy tone with undertones of actual licorice. It is more of a sweet smell, probably thanks to the natural oils.
What we like is that the scent is not overpowering at all. It has a very mild presence, that will leave after a few hours, so it won’t be noticed by those around you. It will also not interfere with the cologne that some of you might enjoy wearing.
Honest Amish Beard Balm has a light hold and is not as strong as other beard balms but more like a beard butter.
If you have an unruly beard with hair sticking out all over and want to tame it, this is not the best beard balm you can get.
But on the other hand, if your beard is trained and you want to slightly style it go for it.
Our Honest Opinion of the Honest Amish Beard Balm (pun intended)
So, what do we really think of the Honest Amish Beard Balm? We think it’s one of the top balms out there. Keep on reading and we’ll tell you why.
Honest Amish Beard Balm Benefits
There are many reasons why Honest Amish Beard Balm has caught our attention.
As you already know, it is made from all-natural ingredients. It’s vegan, which means that no animals were killed or used for lab testing during the production process.
The organic oils and butters in the balm are safe to use so you don’t have to worry about skin irritation even if you have sensitive skin. They will nourish your beard and will leave your skin feeling soft.
The packaging may seem small, but just a little bit of balm goes a long way due to the oils that make it more spreadable and highly convenient.
Small containers are convenient, so if you are constantly on the go you won’t have to worry about it, it can fit in your pocket or in your travel bag.
But be careful, applying too much balm can have the opposite effect, and leave you with a soggy oily beard, so only use the amount you need and it will last for a long time.
While the scent may not be for everyone, we like a lot its light scent.
What Honest Amish is Good For?
It’s important to keep in mind what this beard balm does and doesn’t.
A beard balm isn’t a gel or a wax so if you are looking for a product to style your beard you should look for something else.
What it will do
- It will condition your beard and detangle it.
- It will help you manage your beard.
- It will tame those wispy hair that like to fly away.
What it won’t do
- It won’t work like a gel to provide an intense hold
- It isn’t a rock-solid styling product, although it does tame wild hair and helps to keep those fly-away hairs in place
As you can see, it isn’t an all-in-one product, but it provides plenty of positive benefits to make it worthwhile.
If you want a softer, fuller, and more manageable beard, this product is for you.
It has conditioning properties and it is not a wax product, at the same time it has enough hold and power to ensure you can have a more organized and tamed beard.
If you actually want to style your beard, you should look for a beard wax.
Is it Honest Amish Beard Balm easy to use?
It’s very easy to use and it only takes a tiny amount to thoroughly moisturize an entire beard.
You should use it after your beard wash or during your morning grooming. While you can use it daily, it’s better to use it every other day to avoid your beard getting too greasy.
You will only need a small pea-sized amount, rub it in your hands, and spread it through your beard. Then use a beard comb to spread it evenly.
How does it compare with other options?
With so many beard products out there, is the Honest Amish Beard Balm really one of the best balms to buy?
Could there be something better?
Is this really the beard balm for me?
The answer is that Honest Amish beard balm stands up to other options on the market that offer similar products, but do not entirely meet the quality of the Honest Amish Beard Balm.
- The Smooth Viking Beard Balm offers softness and manageability just like Honest Amish, but the scent is much more intense.
- The Rocky Mountain Barber Beard Balm is a popular choice, because it is a non-greasy conditioner with perfect hold, and also smells good, if you want to read more about the best beard conditioner click here. The downside is that it has a thicker texture than Honest Amish, which makes it more of a wax and not a balm. If you want a balm, you are better off with Honest Amish.
- Spiced Sandalwood Beard Balm is similar to Honest Amish Beard Balm, it is made with 100% natural ingredients, but it differs in the area of how much softness it provides. If you want a soft beard, the Honest Amish is the “man” for the job. But if you care more about the scent, Spiced Sandalwood Beard Balm has a nicer scent in our opinion.
For an affordable product that is made with all-natural ingredients, the Honest Amish Beard Balm serves its purpose and does it well. We highly recommend it for your beard routine.