If you have been buying disposable razors one after the other, you should be fed up with spending so much money on something you have to get rid of after a few shaves.
The good news is there is a type of razor that will not only save you money but will also provide you with a better and smoother shave.
This type of razor is known as the safety Razor. Read about the different types of razors and how to choose a good razor here.
Safety razors are both stylish and functional. The following 5 safety razors are our top recommendations for the best safety razor on the market. Check them out:
A Quick Glance At The Top 3 Safety Razors
Vikings Blade the Godfather Safety Razor is our top choice. It is a high-quality durable safety razor with a nice grip thanks to the micro comb handle.
Merkur Long Handled Safety Razor is a value-for-money lightweight razor. It is a high-quality razor and a good choice for beginners.
This safety razor’s characteristic we like the most is the bamboo handle. It is aesthetically nice and offers you a nice steady grip at the same time. We forgot to mention it has double razor blades for a quick shave.
What are the advantages of using a safety razor?
Since you probably aren’t the type of person to go out and buy something simply because someone tells you to do so, we have gathered all the benefits and advantages of using a safety razor.
- A safety razor provides you with a close shave. A close shave is important in the world of shaving. Here’s why: It helps you get a smoother and softer shave and also helps you avoid ingrown hair.
- It feels manly. While this is not necessarily something that everyone is going for, knowing you are shaving the way that your ancestors did could be just a little bit pride-inducing. Just a little bit, right?
- It’s more affordable. A safety razor lasts longer than a disposable one and replacing the blade costs next to nothing while replacing a disposable razor can cost you up to $3.00-$5.00.
- It is better for the environment. Because a safety razor just needs the blade to be replaced and not the entire razor, there is less plastic waste which is good for the environment.
- Your face won’t be irritated or bumpy. Using razors with multiple blades can be rough on the skin. Shaving with a safety razor is smoother and will leave you with soft skin; listen to me and your significant other will thank you. 😉
- It takes more time, but that time turns into a “Godly” ritual. While a safety razor shave may take more time, many men enjoy the quiet moments during shaving and the focus required helps them to forget everything else. The shaving time becomes a sacred ritual where no one else is allowed to enter.
What features to look for in a safety razor?
Now that you understand how nice shaving with a safety razor can be, you may wonder what to look for when you are looking for a good safety razor. It isn’t rocket science, but there are some things to consider before buying.
You may not realize it at first glance, but size does matter when it comes to your razor’s handle.
If you have larger hands, a small handle won’t feel right and you may not have the best grip on your razor.
It can be uncomfortable to hold the razor if the handle is too large or too small.
Just make sure it’s the right size for you.
There are different blades available for safety razors.
Some are sharper and thicker while others are thinner and less sharp. If you are a beginner, learning how to shave with a blade with mild sharpness is a good idea. There is a learning curve and it will take you some time to become comfortable using a safety razor.
Something else to consider is if you want a double edge safety razor or single edge. A double edge typically promises a quicker shave, but for the most part, it is usually a matter of preference.
When it comes to the material of your handle, it doesn’t matter if it is metal or wood or some other fancy material, what matters is having a good grip and being durable.
After all, you want the handle of the razor to last as long as possible.
You should definitely go for quality when shopping for a safety razor. One of the reasons you are purchasing a safety razor is to avoid having to buy a new one often.
Since this is a purchase you will not be making that often, we believe it is worth paying some extra money if the quality is there.
You want to be able to change the direction of your shave, so you should look for an adjustable razor head.
This will allow you to play around with the shave that works best for you.
As long as you consider these features before buying, you should be good on your own finding the right safety razor. But if you want to hear about the safety razors we recommend keep reading.
The VIKINGS BLADE brand is well-known for its grooming products and the Godfather safety razor is a good example of a top-quality razor.
It has a traditional razor head and a special micro comb system which will help you get a safer shave without cutting yourself. It comes with stainless steel blades and has a metal handle with a rough texture for a solid grip to ensure that it won’t slip while shaving.
- It is a high-quality razor.
- It has a special protective system.
- It is made from durable material.
- It provides an effective shave.
- The razor may be heavy for some.
- Blade removal is complicated.
- The handle may feel too large for some.
The Merkur is an attractive safety razor if you have larger hands as it comes with a long handle that allows it to fit nicely for a comfortable shave.
The chrome finish makes the safety razor look fancy and top quality while the rough textured handle allows a tight grip.
The slim handle also makes it great for lightweight use which is ideal if you don’t like shaving with heavy razors.
The fair price is an attractive factor if you are tired of spending a hefty dollar on disposable razors.
- It is an affordable razor.
- It is slim and lightweight.
- It provides a close shave.
- It is an attractive razor.
- The razor head needs to be locked in place before use.
- The blades aren’t sharp enough for some people’s preferences.
If you are an environmentally conscious person, this safety razor by WowE is an ideal option.
The natural bamboo handle not only looks good but it feels good, the razor uses double edge blades which is a nice feature if you are short on time.
Apart from the natural bamboo handle being aesthetically pleasing, it also provides a great balanced hold for a safe shaving experience.
- It is an attractive razor.
- It has a perfectly balanced weight.
- It allows for a tight grip.
- The bamboo handle doesn’t have a protective finish.
- It provides an aggressive shave which may be difficult for beginners.
- It may not be as durable as metal safety razors.
The WEISHI is a simple yet highly functional razor and is one of the most affordable safety razors on the market.
As low-priced as it is, the quality is not compromised and with the double edge blade, it provides a quick yet reliable shave.
This WEISHI safety razor has a large handle making it a good fit if you have larger hands.
The blades included offer plenty of sharpness which is ideal if you have been shaving for a while and now you want to get that perfect close shave.
- It is very affordable.
- It has a long handle for larger hands.
- It includes sharp blades.
- The rough texture handle allows for a tight grip for shaving.
- The blade space is a bit too small for a quick shave.
- It doesn’t provide as close a shave as some others do.
The Chieftain is another attractive VIKINGS BLADE razor that is aesthetically pleasing and functional.
The advanced butterfly head makes blade change easy so you are going to avoid a hassle in your shaving time.
It has a solid construction that provides a balanced shave and the handle’s texture will help you maintain a tight grasp during shaving.
It also has a micro comb system to keep you safe from accidentally cutting yourself.
- Comes with a dropper.
- Contains natural ingredients.
- It is made from quality heavy-duty materials.
- Contains chemicals.
- Might irritate your skin.
Every razor on our list is a good addition to your grooming kit. But if we had to choose one, it would be the VIKINGS BLADE The Godfather Safety Razor.
It offers a close shave making it safe and drama-free. It also includes some of our favorite features in a quality razor.
From the double-edge blade to the strong stainless steel handle, Vikings blade is a durable and reliable safety razor. For these reasons and many more, we think it is the best safety razor around.